Friday, August 24, 2007

Rax: Wildfährte, Heukuppe, Gamsek

After a nice sleep in Weichtal, Sunday, I was again up on my bike, 20 km up toward Rax, on the opposite side of the mountain, compared with the wednesday before hike.

The target was Wildfahrte, a very beautiful via ferrata, on the north ridge. It was the most aerial part in all those days.



Up, at the end is again a plateau, and I've continued to the summit of Rax, Heukuppe, 2007m.






Again I've met a lot of mountain goats:








The way back was on Gamsek, another interesting via ferrata, toward Schneealpe, the next mountain after Rax.





Back to my bicicle I've enjoyed views of Rax, compared to Plaiul Foii lanscape, of Piatra Craiului.
On themiddle of the long right wall was my way up through Wildfahrte:





Then I've ride down 30km to arrive at the train station, and to return succesfully to Wien ;)

No comments: