Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bike: Curmatura

One day after the Piatra Mare bike, I went in Piatra Craiului, on a cold cloudy day with the intention to do a circuit: Zarnesti - Cab Curmatura - Prapastii - Magura - Bran - Predelut - Zarnesti. The ground was really wet with a lot of muddy passages, not good at all for my Bonranger Jones tires :( Going up was finally duable and for the descent from Curmatura I have choosen the direct touristic path through the gorges. A superb first path down in a beautyfull forest, and then carry 15 min. the bike down on the steep muddy path steps. Afther this descent again up toward Magura arriving at about 1200m level difference by bike. Somewhere around Bran I've managed again to break a type (in the 2nd day after I've put it on!) but after inflating it and discovering the pictoresque route through Predelut I've catch the last train form Zarnesti only 10 min. before departure.



No comments: